Thursday 14 June 2012

BOUNCING BACK

When we are searching for “pole-speration” (that’s inspiration for pole. Obviously.) we don’t automatically seek the wisdom of the likes of Mahatma Gandhi. However, this quote of his has really struck a chord with me in my current state.

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."

Don’t get me wrong, this post is NOT about glorifying injuries as some kind of badge of honour; I really can’t stand people who do that and for this reason I'm not going to rave on about how to recover and all the injuries I've ever had in my life. 

I typically don’t like to acknowledge any injury – I feel that validates it and that positive thought is the best path to healing. But this time I’ve recognised that there’s something not right, accepted it and committed to putting all my power and energy into making it right and working with what I’ve got. 

...so in other words, doing exactly what my mother would tell me to do. She's always right - damn you Kim.

My blatant and obvious (read as: daggy) analogy of my current situ. Doesn't it just reek of a bad HR powerpoint preso?


In healing, just like in training, focus, determination and an iron will are what will ultimately define a success from a failure. Sometimes it’s stubbornness and persistence that’s get’s the body into trouble in the first place (who, me? Ahem.) but it’s also exactly what will get it back on the pole before too long. 

To quote an old post of mine that I know resonated with a lot of people – “I Will.”

No comments:

Post a Comment